This service is limited at present to manuals that are marked CD available.
Promoted as working at “one quarter the cost of kerosine” this was a pretty big rural piece of equipment.
In 1924, they produced the Ronaldson-Tippet 18-30 “Super Drive” tractor, along the lines of the American Illinois Super Drive tractor.
The tractor featured on an imported 4 cylinder water cooled petrol/kerosene Wisconsin engine and initially many of the other components used were also imported.
The company of Ronaldson Brothers & Tippett was established on April 1, 1905, by Dave Ronaldson, Adam Ronaldson and Herbert John Tippett.
The newly formed company was to take over an existing implement manufacturer owned by Dave Ronaldson.
Over the next several years, the company manufactured 300 oil engines which they called the "Austral." The first design met with only moderate success, having problems with preignition.
In 1908 several modifications were made to the line, borrowing design features from the English Blackstone engine.
The most noticable improvements were the sideshaft driven governor, vaporizer, oil trap, and timing valve.
This engine produces 11 horsepower when running at its rated speed of 225 r.p.m.
It left the factory on February 20, 1920 for delivery to Mc Laurin Bros. On the farm, this engine served a multitude of purposes, from pumping water from the Murray River to powering a seven-station sheep shearing plant.
DOMESTIC / HARVESTERS / MISCELLANEOUS / MOTOR VEHICLES / PUMPS SHEARING & SHEEP / STATIONARY MOTORS / TILLAGE EQUIPMENT / TOOLS TRACTORS / VETERINARY / WINDMILLS Generators & Lighting Plants / Vehicle Engines / Stationary Motors / Electric Motors As a resource for people restoring agricultural machinery, we offer a service which allows browsers access to our agricultural manual and parts list collection.